Based on its core values and principles, Catholic Charities espouses a vision for a well-ordered society in which
- Each person lives life with dignity.
- Each family, community, and social relationship sustains the life and dignity of the person.
- All social institutions respect the fundamental rights and duties of persons in support of the common good.
- Community resources are allocated preferentially to serve the needs of the poor and the vulnerable.
Catholic Charities as a ministry of the Archdiocese of Newark participates in the Church's social mission by recognizing the inherent dignity and worth of all people and responding with sincere Christian compassion to the corporeal needs of the poor and marginalized. The service of Catholic Charities is inspired by faith in Jesus Christ, Sacred Scripture, and the continuing exposition of Catholic social teaching. Through these activities, Catholic Charities strives to assist individuals in need, strengthen families, and provide those it serves with an experience of God's mercy.
In fulfillment of its mission, Catholic Charities will pursue the following social goals:
- Feed the hungry and house the homeless
- Reach the isolated, the lonely, and those with special needs.
- Nurture the development of the young and strengthen relationships with families.
- Assist the poor and the disabled to achieve economic participation.
- Help immigrants attain the benefits of liberty in a new land.
Click here for a link to the three-year Strategic Plan for Catholic
Charities of the Archdiocese of Newark, Mount Carmel Guild Behavioral
Health System, and Mount Carmel Guild Schools.
The strategic planning process began with our previous strategic plan as
the starting point. We reviewed the 2007-2010 Strategic Plan Final
Report for any unfinished business. Next, questionnaires were developed
and disseminated in order to obtain perspective from key stakeholders,
including our Trustees, our employees, as well as key government and
voluntary sector leadership on needs and trends. Finally, we reviewed
the most recent Performance Analysis and Program Evaluation reports. A
careful analysis of all of these sources of information resulted in the
attached Strategic Plan.
You will see that it is broken into three main sections - Addressing the
Agencies' Internal Needs, Addressing the Community's Needs, and
Addressing the Growth of the Agency. Each section outlines a strategy
and activities that are associated with that strategy.
This Strategic Plan is an essential tool and blueprint for the next few
years. We look forward to the next steps of implementing this Strategic
Click here for a link to the most recent implementation report on the Strategic Plan for Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Newark, Mount Carmel Guild Behavioral Health System, and Mount Carmel Guild Schools.